I don’t know about your area but around my house its been almost 70 degrees this week! Amazing!! I’ve been wearing sandals and not wearing a coat. Nate and I have been taking the dogs for long walks and we’ve been enjoying the fact that the snow is all gone!
With the nicer weather, I’ve been craving more raw vegetables and salads. As I was perusing Pinterest recently, I found a Moroccan Power Salad recipe from Little Spice Jar that looked absolutely amazing. So, of course, I saved it and made it this past weekend for my weekday lunches. And, I completely forgot to take my own photo so I borrowed one from Little Spice Jar as well. You need to check out the site!
Luckily, I had most of the ingredients and home but once I had it put together I wanted to add more vegetables so I added salad, cucumber and sweet peppers. Also, since it was for lunch, I wanted to add some additional protein so I topped the salad with hemp seeds.
If you are strick FODMAP, you’ll need to leave out the dried fruit… maybe use oranges or grapes instead. This was the first time I’ve had dried fruit in quite a while and luckily it didn’t irritate my stomach too much. It’s nice to know that I can eat dried fruit from time to time and be alright!
If you are FODMAP and have started incorporating high FODMAP foods back into your diet, how is it going? I’ve been re-adding food and found that peas and red meats are foods my body isn’t a fan of at all. Apples, dried fruits, and cheese I can have about once a day and be OK. Ice cream I need to eat sparingly. It’s so interesting to me that my body is like that!
This Low-FODMAP and Vegetarian Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad is so fresh with all the raw vegetables and the lemon in the dressing is so refreshing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!
Picture from Little Spice Jar
- 1/2 cups dry quinoa
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions green part only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 small sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 handfuls favorite salad mix
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Hemp Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, boil water. Once water is boiling add quinoa and raisins. Cook until water is fully absorbed [15-20 minutes]. Let fully cool.
- In a large Tupperware container or bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients and cover. Shake will to combine.